The final of the 55th Jockey Club Open was held on Saturday on Palermo’s number one ground. Eight teams, between 27 and 31 goals, were in competition.
The final match saw an unbeaten LD Valiente take on Ellerstina Pilot, with six of the eight original players of each organisation taking to the field.
After a thrilling match, Curtis Pilot’s team claimed the victory, winning by 12 goals to 10. The final chukka was led by Facundo Pieres, top scorer of the match, who converted three times in a row to secure the win.
Final: Ellerstina Pilot 12-10 LD Valiente
- BBP del Partido: Irenita Entenada, jugada por Pablo Mac Donough.
- BPP Cría Polo Argentino: Open Arca, jugada por Gonzalo Pieres (h).
- Ellerstina Pilot: Curtis Pilot 0, Gonzalo Pieres (h) 9 (3 goals), Nicolás Pieres 10 (1) y Facundo Pieres 10 (8, four penalties). Total: 29.
- LD Valiente: Bob Jornayvaz 1, David Stirling (h) 10 (5), Pablo Mac Donough 10 (4) y Juan Martín Nero 10 (1). Total: 31.
- Score Ellerstina Pilot: 1-3, 2-5, 5-7, 6-7, 8-8, 9-9 y 12-10.
- Judges: Nicolás Scortichini & Gastón Lucero.
- Umpire: José I. Araya.