We are just over a month away from the start of the Argentine Open, the most important polo tournament in the world. Action kicks off on November 16, and in this edition, La Dolfina will be fighting for their seventh consecutive title, a sporting feat that has not occurred since 1980, when Coronel Suarez achieved seven Open titles in a row. However, this La Dolfina team—four men who have been playing together since 2011—is hoping to achieve something historic; if they win this year, it will mark the first time in polo history that the same four players win seven consecutive Open titles.
In 2018, La Dolfina defeated Las Monjitas in the final; Camilo Bautista’s team will have the challenge of going above and beyond what they achieved last year. There is only one way to do that: winning the final and taking Palermo glory. It certainly won’t be easy. They face Ellerstina in Zone B on December 8. It will undoubtedly be the most eagerly awaited match of the Argentine Open before the final. However, each team will have to win their previous matches first, a task that cannot be underestimated.
For a third consecutive year, ten team will be competing in the Argentine Open in Palermo. The 2020 format is yet to be decided—a few surprises are to be expected, such as fixtures being played from Thursday to Sunday. There will be thirteen fixtures this year, offering the best of the sport, both on and off the field. Get ready, the best is yet to come!
126° Argentine Polo Open Championship – Fixture
Saturday November 16:
- La Ensenada vs Qualified 1
- La Dolfina Polo Ranch vs La Aguada
Sunday November 17
- La Albertina vs Qualified 2
- Las Monjitas vs Cría Yatay
Friday November 22
- La Dolfina vs Qualified 1
- La Dolfina Polo Ranch vs La Ensenada
Saturday November 23
- Ellerstina vs Qualified 2
- Las Monjitas vs La Albertina
Tuesday November 26
- La Aguada vs Qualified 1
- La Dolfina vs La Ensenada
Wednesaday November 27
- Cría Yatay vs Qualified 2
- Ellerstina vs La Albertina
Saturday November 30
- La Dolfina Polo Ranch vs Qualified 1
- La Dolfina vs La Aguada
Sunday December 1
- Las Monjitas vs Qualified 2
- Ellerstina vs Cría Yatay
Thursday December 5
- La Aguada vs La Ensenada
Friday December 6
- Cría Yatay vs La Albertina
Saturday December 7
- La Dolfina vs La Dolfina Polo Ranch
Sunday December 8
- Ellerstina vs Las Monjitas
Saturday December 14
126° Argentine Polo Open Final
- La Dolfina: Adolfo Cambiaso 10, Pelon Stirling 10, Pablo Mac Donough 10, Juan Martín Nero 10. Total: 40.
- La Dolfina Polo Ranch: Diego Cavanagh 8, Juan Britos 8, Guillermo Terrera 8, Jejo Taranco 8. Total: 32.
- La Aguada: Lucas Díaz Alberdi 7, Alfredo Bigatti 8, Alejandro Novillo Astrada 8, Ignacio Novillo Astrada 9. Total: 32.
- La Ensenada: Juan Gris Zavaleta 8, Juan Martín Zubía 8, Facundo Fernández Llorente 7, Jero Del Carril 7. Total: 30.
- Qualified 1.
- Ellerstina: Polito Pieres 10, Gonzalo Pieres 9, Nicolás Pieres 10, Facundo Pieres 10. Total: 39.
- Las Monjitas: Facundo Sola 9, Hilario Ulloa 10, Sapo Caset 10, Santiago Toccalino 9. Total: 38.
- Cría Yatay: Lerín Zubiaurre 8, Magoo Laprida 8, Joaquín Pittaluga 8, Iñaki Laprida 8. Total: 32.
- La Albertina: Tincho Merlos 8, Francisco Elizalde 8, Cubi Toccalino 8, Alfredo Cappella 8. Total: 32.